REPORTING: Director, Graduate Programs
RELATIONSHIPS AND CONTACT: Director, Graduate Programs
The position holder will be tasked with marketing and selling the Graduate Programs while building and cultivating sustainable key relationships with potential public and commercial partners, nationally and regionally. The ideal candidate would need to have considerable experience in business development, developing training solutions, market intelligence and solution selling.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To target new clients for business development and propose new initiatives for existing clients to increase sales opportunities, growth plans and achieve personal and team financial targets.
- To develop and maintain relationships with new and existing clients, developing industry linkages to sustain Strathmore University Business School as their knowledge partner in transforming Africa leaders while exploring opportunities for potential clients.
- To present and consult with clients’ senior management on business trends with a view to increase admission rates.
- To continually comb the market to understand the needs, market trends and to be aware of market views on our products and propose solutions to address the gaps.
- To continually develop a sales pipeline to ensure a proactive approach to business development in order to ensure admission targets are met and increased.
- To track client satisfaction with frequent client review discussions and effective evaluation of programs.
- To provide guidance to the Business Development team that they lead to ensure delivery of expected goals and outcomes are met.
- To prepare regular and timely internal management reports on expected performance, to support informed decision making that enhances client relations and supports effective process improvement.
The post holder will be required to have and to demonstrate evidence of the following qualifications, attributes and skills:
- Master’s Degree (Business related).
- 6 years working experience in sales and marketing role. Experience in an administrative role in a training/academic institution will be an added advantage.
- Dependable, organized, a good communicator, approachable, team player and with a sense of integrity.
- Leadership skills, networking skills, knowledge of teaching institutions landscape and problem solving skills.
If you are interested in the position and have the skills we are looking for, we would like to hear from you. Please forward an application letter together with a copy of your updated resume quoting ‘Business Development Manager – Graduate Programs’ to the Human Resource Manager, Strathmore Business School, to firstname.lastname@example.org by end of the day (5:30 pm) Tuesday 20th February 2019. Due to the large number of applications we may receive, only the shortlisted applicants will be contacted.