Reporting: Director Graduate Programmes
Relationships and Contact: Staff, External Stakeholders
As the head business development unit- Graduate programs the role holder will be expected to
market, sell and oversee the business development team, while building and cultivating
sustainable key relationships with potential public sector and private sector partners, nationally
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Targeting new clients for business development and proposing new initiatives for existing clients, to increase sales opportunities and achieve personal and team financial targets.
- Developing and maintaining relationships with new and existing clients, developing industry linkages to sustain SBS as their knowledge partner in transforming Africa leaders.
- Continually devise ways to increase customer experience and maintain lasting client and partner relationships.
- Undertaking continuous business intelligence to understand client needs at organization, industry and country level to ensure proposal of relevant and timely executive education and consultancy solutions.
- Tracking client satisfaction with frequent client review meetings and effective evaluation of programmes and consultancy engagements.
3. Operational Excellence:
- Supporting faculty members to ensure delivery of client promise and delivery of expected outcomes to the clients.
- Initiating and driving the program review process in liaison with Director Graduate Programmes, Academic directors, and programme management team.
- Preparing internal management reports and client reports as required, to support data-driven decision making for enhanced client relations and effective process improvement.
- Oversee the Business Development Team in the Graduate Programmes Department.
4. Key Account Management:
- Developing long term plans for each key account; this will involve detailed objective setting, managing buying cycles amongst others tasks.
- Growing the portfolio of key accounts
The post holder will be required to have and to demonstrate evidence of the following
qualifications, attributes and skills:
- Masters’ degree in a business-related course
- Minimum 5 years relevant working experience in business development with proven experience in sales, managing client relations, key account management.
- Ability to guide senior business leaders in designing training plans which will achieve desirable business results.
- Good research, planning and reporting skills.
- Excellent business communication and etiquette skills with a flair for pitching.
- Ability to analyze data from various sources including a thorough understanding of how business works and where opportunities lie.
- Good interpersonal skills and people management skills
If you are interested in the position and have the skills we are looking for, we would like to hear from you. Please forward an application letter together with a copy of your updated resume quoting ‘Head Business Development -Graduate Programmes’ to the Human Resource Manager, Strathmore Business School, to firstname.lastname@example.org by end of the day (5:30 pm) Friday 24 th January 2020. Due to the large number of applications we may receive, only the shortlisted applicants will be contacted.