Reporting to: HR Manager – Shared Services
Department: Human Resources
Basic job Summary:
Responsible for managing employees’ related payroll information through development, implementation of payroll policies, processes, and guidelines to ensure delivery of efficient and effective payroll services as well as provide strategic value to the University’s payroll component.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Coordinate the payroll management process to ensure payroll efficiency at all times.
- Oversee processing of the University’s monthly payroll for all staff in accordance with the policies and procedures in place.
- Ensure accuracy & completeness of all the payroll processes in the University for efficient running of operations in the University.
- Prepare and analyze all payroll related reports to facilitate management proactive decision making.
- Assist in management of the payroll team and provide the necessary guidance to the team.
- Advise the Human Resources Director on payroll matters such as staff costs and trends.
- Ensure the University’s payroll processes are fully compliant to all relevant internal and external regulations;
- Generate and maintain custody of all payroll related records, in all forms (soft or hardcopies);
- Liaise with relevant stakeholders in all payroll related audits, both internal and external including preparation of all payroll audit schedules.
- Assists staff with general questions related to payroll, deductions, staff benefits, and other pay related issues.
Minimum Qualifications required:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, accounting, or any other related field from a recognized institution of higher learning
- Professional qualification in Accountancy; CPA or ACCA
- Any HR qualifications will be an added advantage
- At least three years of payroll accounting experience
Skills & Personal Attributes:
- Results oriented and able to deliver targets within strict deadlines
- Attention to detail
- Possess strong Analytical and Problem Solving Skills; High level of integrity and critical thinking skills
- Must be a self-starter and able to accomplish expected tasks under minimal supervision; Ability to multi-task and maintain composure under pressure.
- Possess a thorough understanding of the importance of confidentiality and non-disclosure according to the general standards set forth by the University
- Must have the ability to exercise a high degree of diplomacy and tact; excellent customer services and interpersonal communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs, especially Excel
Are you qualified for this position and are interested in working with us? We would like to hear from you. Send us a copy of your updated resume and letter of application (Only) as one file/document quoting
“Payroll Administrator” on the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org by 23rd April 2018.
Due to the large number of applications we may receive, kindly note that only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.