Department: Strathmore Institute of Management and Technology (SI)
Reporting to: Principal / Registrar
Basic job summary: The Head of Diplomas will be responsible for providing strategic direction to the Institute and diploma courses while ensuring the quality of teaching and learning is of the standards required by the Institute and responsive to the market needs.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Oversee course distribution for each cohort and allocate workload to lecturers/instructors.
- Oversee delivery of quality programs by coordinating the preparation of comprehensive course outlines and course files, delivery methodology and availability of text books and course materials in the library in collaboration with the University Librarian.
- Oversee the implementation of Curricula and marketing of all Diploma and professional courses
- Support strategic talent sourcing by working in collaboration with the Principal and the Human Resource Director to recruit, orient and evaluate the teaching staff, both full and part-time.
- Prepare peer review reports and ensure lecturers/instructors reports are prepared and submitted to the Principal.
- Ensure that the school’s examination process is in line with the Institute’s and Technical and Vocational Education and Training Authority (TVETA) standards by overseeing the internal and external exam moderation, administration, and marking. This will also include identification and recruitment of examiners and following up students’ performance feedback from course evaluators.
- Ensure that the school course curricula is responsive to the market needs by working closely with faculty to periodically review programs, curricula and coordinate curriculum development activities.
- Promote Staff development by organizing staff seminars, identifying staff training needs and assisting the Principal in ensuring skills bridging for the faculty staff is implemented.
- Evaluate performance of Academic staff in the Institute.
- Oversee debt collection function by the Administrators and Administrative Assistants.
- Cultivate a high performance culture at the Institute by supporting performance target setting process for all Staff and Conducting appraisals on a quarterly basis in collaboration with departmental heads and HR
- Deliver high quality learning experience for SI students through the preparation of teaching materials, preparation of class methodology or activities and the actual delivery of the curriculum in class.
- Develop marketing strategies for the programs offered in the Institute.
- Coordinate with Finance on preparation of the annual budget proposals for the Institute and oversee implementation of approved budgets.
- Promote self-improvement among Academic staff in the Institute and conduct staff appraisals.
- In conjunction with the SI partners, implement projects of mutual interest.
- Assist the Principal of Strathmore Institute in giving direction, organization, administration and programmes of the Institute; and for the general welfare and discipline of the students of the Institute.
- Manage students’ experience initiatives in the school.
- Promote Diploma Alumni activities
- To carry out any other duties as are within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job as requested by the Head of Department and the University
- A minimum of a master’s degree
- At least four years of relevant experience with at least two years in an administrative position
Competencies and Attributes
- Excellent communication skills
- People skills
- Dynamic and innovative
- Team player
- Good supervisory and managerial skill
- Excellent teaching/lecturing skills
Are you qualified for this position and interested in working with us? We would like to hear from you. Kindly send us a copy of your updated resume and letter of application (ONLY) quoting “Head of Diplomas” on the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org by 30th March 2020.
Due to the large number of applications we may receive, kindly note that only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please be advised that Strathmore University is an equal opportunity employer and does NOT ask for money from applicants under any circumstances during its recruitment process. Interested applicants are encouraged to exercise caution upon receiving any such interview opportunity that requires payment of any money.