Department: Information and Communication Technology Services (ICTS).
Reporting to: Assistant Manager, ICT EAS, and Project-Supervising Systems Developer.
Basic Job Summary: Working under the guidance of a team of experienced systems developers, the Associate Developer, ICTS Innovation Lab will work on both short- term and/or long-term system development projects meant to deliver to Strathmore University innovative web and mobile applications that staff and students will love.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- To gather and document requirements for new systems or new functionality from relevant departments.
- Develop and maintain design documents for respective systems and interfaces.
- To carry out systems development as per laid out requirements.
- To develop interfaces between systems as the need arises.
- To provide user support for respective systems.
- To ensure that proper technical and user documentation is maintained for all systems.
- To provide analytical information/reports from systems as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Assistant Manager, ICT EAS.
- Part-time (evening) or full-time, ready to transition to evening, 3rd year student in BBIT/BICS/BTC in SU and Must be of good academic standing (no pending units or disciplinary issues)
- Demonstrable proficiency in any of the following Programming Languages: PHP, Java or Python. Knowledge of frameworks such as Laravel, Java Spring, Django etc. is an added advantage.
- Demonstrable proficiency in relational databases such as MySQL, PostgreSQL etc.
- Desirable: Linux administration; Knowledge of version control software (SVN, GIT).
- The associate developer will work from Monday to Friday, 8:30am to 4:30pm allowing ample time to get ready for his/her evening classes at 5:30pm.
- The associate developer will qualify for course/program scholarship; enjoy a monthly stipend; as well as a monthly allowance to cover meals at the University cafeterias.
Are you qualified for this position and interested in working with us? We would like to hear from you. Kindly send us a copy of your updated resume quoting ‘Associate Developer, ICTS Innovation Lab’ on the subject line to email@example.com by 25th June 2019.
Due to the large number of applications we may receive, kindly note that only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.