SBS VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
Reporting: Human Resource Manager
Relationships And Contact: Staff, External Stakeholders
This position is responsible for recruitment, departmental transfer, contract management, staff exit management and the internal communication function in Human Resource for the Strathmore University Business School.
Main Duties And Responsibilities:
- Human Resource Resourcing: Assist in attracting and retaining the required caliber of staff at appropriate staffing levels by managing the recruitment, selection, contracting, induction, probation, and staff deployment/redeployment processes.
- Performance Management: working in collaboration with the Human Resource Manager to develop and successfully implement the School’s performance management, succession planning, rewards and benefits systems.
- Human Resource Policy: Assist in developing and reviewing HR Policies, frameworks, and procedures to ensure compliance with Commission of School Education (CUE) and the School Statutes in order to support the delivery of Strathmore business objectives and promote high standards of people management.
- Staff Training: Assist in implementation of staff training programs by conducting training needs analysis, collation of information on staff training and development needs, and involvement in identification of suitable interventions for identified gaps.
- Contract Management: Ensure all staff have valid contracts by working with the Human Resource Manager and Heads of Department to monitor contracts signing and renewals.
- Staff Exit Management: Ensure that exiting staff are taken through the entire clearance process and their details are communicated to the relevant departments and prepare final documentation for staff i.e. issue Certificates of Service
- Departmental transfers: Responsible for efficient implementation of the University internal staff movements policy and procedures e.g. Promotion, departmental transfers and documentation of all records related to internal movements
The post holder will be required to have and to demonstrate evidence of the following qualifications, attributes and skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resource Management or Social Sciences or any other related field from a recognized institution.
- Professional qualification in Human Resource Management and be a member of IHRM
- At least 3 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Good research, planning and reporting skills.
- Excellent business communication and etiquette skills.
- Good interpersonal skills and people management skills
- Good Analytical skills
- Attention to details
- Problem solver
- Team player
If you are interested in the position and have the skills we are looking for, we would like to hear from you. Please forward an application letter together with a copy of your updated resume quoting ‘HUMAN RESOURCE ADMINISTRATOR to the Human Resource Manager, Strathmore Business School, to email@example.com by end of the day (5:30 pm) Monday 2nd March 2020. Due to the large number of applications we may receive, only the shortlisted applicants will be contacted.