Reports to: Development Director
Department: Strathmore University Foundation
Basic job Summary: The Development Manager – Grants and Proposals Development; will be responsible for researching, writing and coordinating the grant application process, solicitation of funding; management of proposals, maintaining a donor database and reports writing. Audiences include foundations, corporations, major donors, individuals and government sources of funds.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- To actively research for funding opportunities locally and internationally and align to Strathmore University funding needs.
- To generate quality proposals, applications, intelligence and supportive documents in response to requests for proposals or related solicitations.
- To enhance the skills and capacity of Strathmore University Foundation and Strathmore University staff through formal and informal trainings on grant development and management process.
- To regularly update and advice Strathmore University Foundation management on implementation of projects against contractual obligations pointing out interventions required.
- To develop effective relationships with Strathmore University faculty to ensure they are supported, empowered and that they work within agreed MOUs.
- To develop and maintain funding and proposal development calendar.
- To make recommendations on strategies, policies and procedures related to grant writing and development.
- To maintain an accurate record of donor files.
- To communicate regularly with Development Director and appropriate teams and departments on the status of pending proposals.
- To represent Strathmore University Foundation at meetings and events both inside and outside the university.
- Perform other duties related to the job as maybe assigned by Strathmore University Foundation Management.
Minimum Academic Qualifications:
- Degree level or equivalent.
- Strategic Management, Development/Social Sciences, Fundraising, Business Development
- At least three (3) years relevant experience in fundraising environment: grant writing or exceptionally in a business development environment.
- Experience in managing a team of high achievers.
- Working in a team as a leader and as a contributing member of a broader team.
- Experience in a higher education or research environment is an added advantage
- Working with academics or other experts in their field will be an added advantage.
Skills and Personal Attributes:
- Resource mobilization
- Networking skills
- Strong communication skills
- Strategic, analytical and judgement skills
- Good writing skills
Are you qualified for this position and interested in working with us? We would like to hear from you. Kindly send us a copy of your updated resume and letter of application (ONLY) quoting “Development Manager – Grants& Proposals Development” on the subject line to email@example.com by 11th October 2018.
Due to the large number of applications we may receive, kindly note that only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.