Update (17/08/2020): Available Library Services
The list below entails available Library Services and how they may be accessed:
- Course Textbooks – course requirements may be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or placed directly online via library livechat services.
- Where digital copies are available, direct links shall be provided.
- Where digital copies are not available, and chapter/page requirements are indicated, the resource request be serviced via scanning from hard-copy and availed. The volume of scanning shall not exceed the boundaries of fair use.
- Physical copies may be borrowed as per the physical access guidelines below
- Physical Library Access
- The Main Library is open from 9am to 5pm (Mon – Fri only) for lending and return of materials not available in digital format. Lending requests should be made via any of our support channels to facilitate short turn-around times.
- The ALN library holding the law collection is closed but resources held in it may be availed for lending by prior request (livechat, phone, email). Access to materials from this library will typically have a turnaround of at least 48 hours.
- On-site reading services are available for limited university staff (on request via email or livechat) and closed to students.
- The Library accepts return of items during library hours above via any reputable courier service that delivers to doorstep (we cannot collect from a pickup station) and provides delivery tracking (for dispute resolution). Delivery location is the Main Library or the University reception desk in the Central Building.
- General Library Support
- Livezilla (Livechat) is the primary support channel providing online chat, messaging and callback request facilities. Support hours are 8.00am – 6.00pm (Mon – Fri).
- Phone support is available during the library hours (9am – 5pm, Mon to Fri) on +254 703 034600 (Library Main Counter). Due to current lean physical operations, not all calls may be answered directly but all calls received shall be returned within the hour.
- email support is available on the following addresses:
- email@example.com (online resources, including off-campus access)
- firstname.lastname@example.org (resource procurement and service status inquiries)
edu (e-learning platform and associated technologies)
- email@example.com (library instruction and all other inquiries not covered above)
- Fine Waivers
- Waivers on overdue items will be considered on a case by case basis and shall exclude the period prior to 13/03/2020. Extensions on due dates are available on request