The challenges brought about by COVID19 calls on everyone to be innovative. Strathmore University Ventures (SUV) is an initiative of Strathmore University to connect the creativity and resources of its staff, alumni, students, and stakeholders to develop “without the box” innovative ideas to sustainable wealth-creating ventures. All proceeds from this project will go towards supporting Strathmore University initiatives including provision of student scholarships.
The SUV steering team has designed the Converting Ideas to Sustainable Innovations Project (CISIP).
The team invites all SU staff, students, and stakeholders to submit any potentially commercially viable ideas for evaluation and possible selection for implementation. The criteria for selection of ideas are indicated hereafter. The steering team also invites self-nomination to be part of SUV – Ideas Selection Team based on the criteria outlined below. The names of the current steering team members appear at the end of the page. Any of these members can be contacted for more information on SUV and its operations.
Preference criteria for selecting among the submitted ideas
- Linkage of the idea to Strathmore University’s mission, strengths, capabilities, opportunities, etc.
- Indication on how to access resources required to implement the idea
- Availability of the person submitting the idea to dedicate personal time and/or resources towards the implementation of the idea
- Potential benefits expected from implementing the idea
- An agreement that the ideas are submitted free of any conditions, expectations, and limitations on how Strathmore University can utilize the idea. SUV will acknowledge receipt of submitted ideas.
Interested in submitting an idea to support Strathmore University?
To submit an idea, complete the Submit Your Idea Form. We shall review the ideas received once a month in the year 2021.
Interested in being a part of the SUV Ideas Selection Team?
Criteria for SUV Ideas Selection Team includes, among others,
- Experience in the implementation of innovative ideas
- Experience in managing a project from beginning to end
- Experience in supporting or managing new companies e.g. as an entrepreneur or intrapreneur, projects development/launch, etc.
- Demonstrated “without the box” thinking – what have you done differently in the past?
- Availability to donate about 2 hours per week to SUV Ideas Selection Team activities and Ideas implementation.
Responsibilities of SUV Ideas Selection Team members
- Individually rank submitted ideas based on provided criteria
- Participate in a group idea ranking meeting
- Participate in selected ideas’ presentation meeting
- Observe confidentiality during the idea’s selection process, decision, and implementation
- Support the Selected Ideas Implementation Process
To nominate yourself, complete the Ideas Selection Team Nomination Form. We shall review the nominations received once a month in the year 2021.
Current SUV Steering Committee Members
- Marcos Migeri – Director, Admissions Services
- Angela Ndunge – Deputy Executive Dean, SBS
- Angelica Kiboro – Acting Principal, Strathmore Institute
- John Olukuru – Faculty
- Christine Owande – MD, Strathmore Research and Consulting Company
- Mariam Nzangu – Mariam Nzangi – Housekeeping Manager
- Bernard Mwaura – Treasury Account, Finance Office
- Edward Mungai – Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Planning and Development) – Project Lead
- Jackline Chibai
- Ann Karanja
We welcome you to participate in converting ideas to sustainable innovations project (CISIP)
Dr. Edward Mungai
DVC (Planning and Development)
Phone: +254 (0) 703-034000/200/300 OR +254 (0) 730-734000/200/300