Date: 4th – 8th June 2018
Venue: Strathmore University
Investment: KES 85,000/USD 850
This course is designed to teach participants the practice of good project management.
Participants will learn how to identify and schedule project resources, create project flow charts, produce critical path planning and evaluation reports. Important issues of staff selection and team management are also covered.
Participants will also have two days practical session where they will work on specific
Projects in the computer lab using MS Project. The learning objectives will be reinforced by two case studies that allow the participants to apply the principles and use the tools they have learnt, in their work place.
- Project management training will teach you the importance of time and setting of goals and objectives. You will be able to prioritize these goals as well assist you making great use of your time.
- You will know the remaining resources and needs of the company. This could be in the form of time, money or manpower. You can make use of project management training to help you determine how to estimate the resources that you will need in future projects and set realistic budgets.
- You will learn how to produce documents for review. Every step before, during and on completion of the project should be documented. This will ensure a solid record that you can refer to or verify during review. Project management training will provide you with the skills that you need in producing well documented project completion proofs.
- With project management training you can work better with information systems. Project management is not done manually – in this day and age! You can already make use of several applications and programs to keep track of the mile stones and progress of your projects. Project management training will show you how to work around them without creating much steeper learning curve, especially to those people who do not have great knowledge of computers or are not comfortable using them.
Middle Level managers, project managers, project coordinators, accountants, personal assistants, grant managers, grant administrators, entrepreneurs, human resource managers, team leaders of private and state corporations, NGO’s and anyone seeking to enhance their professional skills.
1. Understanding project management
2. Defining the roles of the project manager and his team
3. Team work for project teams
4. Defining the project
5. Estimating the activities
6. Planning the activities;
- Project planning matrix
- Creating network diagrams
- Determining PERT – program evaluation review technique
- GANTT diagrams and work breakdown structures
7. Project appraisal techniques
8. Preparing a project plan
9. Controlling schedule, budget and scope
10. Evaluating and reporting on project performance
Case studies on managing projects
- Managing project for success
- Managing scope change
MS Project- 2days Practical Sessions
To register, click here.
Fees Paid in Cash should be deposited into:
Name: Strathmore University
Bank: Standard Chartered Bank
Account Number: 0102044844000 (KES): 8702044844000 (USD)
Swift Code: SCBLKENX
Admission number code: 99020#1027
- Fees Paid By Cheque: Nairobi cheques can be paid directly to Strathmore University, but ONLY if the cheque is a banker’s cheque. Payments by personal cheques are not allowed.
- Bank deposit slips should be completed in duplicate: the top copy is kept by the bank; the
- Second copy should be given to the University Cashier, who will issue a receipt for it.
1. Payment for the all courses includes a registration fee, which is non-refundable, and equals 20% of the total sum of the course fee.
2. Participants may cancel attendance 14 days or more prior to the training commencement date.
3. No refunds will be made 13 days or less to the training commencement date. However, participants who are unable to attend may opt to attend a similar training at a later date, or send a substitute participant provided the participation criteria have been met.
ONCE PAYMENT IS COMPLETED KINDLY: