Financial Modelling is an important tool for decision making in business and non-profit organizations. Skillful mastery allows users to check the financial implications of decisions beforehand and choose the most profitable and robust courses of action. Users can also test scenarios and check the sensitivity of outcomes to key variables.
SIMS at Strathmore University recognizes this need and has developed a comprehensive short course in Financial Modelling to instill in learners the expertise to develop robust financial models.
To introduce participants to the concepts of financial modeling and its building blocks; enable the development of integrated financial models using MS Excel software; carry out scenario testing and sensitivity analysis for optimal decisions. Cases on the course include a model to set up a new business; and a forecasting model for an existing listed company.
Calendar yr 2019
Q4 – 12th to 15th November 2019
Calendar yr 2020
Q1 – 23rd to 26th March 2020
Q2 – 22nd to 25th June 2020
Q3 – 21st to 24th September 2020
Q4 – 23rd to 26th November 2020
- Excel features and functions for financial modeling
- Combine knowledge of Accounting and Finance with MS Excel; develop interlinked Financial Statements and carry out Financial Analysis
- Specifically build financial models for Business Go- No-go decision
- Statistical analyses to develop model assumptions
- Financial model for valuation of Listed company
The course is practical and hands-on and fully ran on MS Excel.
Who will benefit
Investment Analysts and Finance professionals with some experience in Investment and Commercial Banking, Corporate Finance, and Insurance looking to sharpen financial modelling skills.
- Learn from highly qualified faculty experts and experienced practitioners with a natural flair for teaching
- The course is practical and uses extensive case studies and real-life examples
- Researched study material designed by experts
Payment and Registration
- The cost for each 4-day program is KES 30,000/ Registration deposit 10%
Cost covers all study material, meals
- Contacts for further inquiries
Cynthia Ngotwa | firstname.lastname@example.org | 0703 034 067
A Certification of Completion is awarded at the end of the program.
Who We Are
SIMS is the Strathmore Institute for Mathematical Sciences mandated to carry out Training and Research in Applied Quantitative Techniques for decision making.