29th October to 2nd November 2018
CALL FOR PAPERS
Deadline for full paper submission: 31st August 2018.
About the Conference
The 2018 Strathmore University Research and Innovation Conference is a premier research event that will take place in Strathmore University, Nairobi, from Monday, 29th October, to Friday 2nd November 2018.
It will be open to researchers from within and outside the University. It is intended to provide a platform for celebrating the research activities of the staff and students of the University. It also aims to deepen the University’s research partnerships with other organizations and
The Conference will take place in two distinct portions, one for undergraduate students and the other for postgraduate and industry researchers and innovators. Each of these portions will be organized to explore the theme along the nine multidisciplinary thematic areas shown below.
Calls for papers have been made for each of the thematic areas. If you wish to submit any of them, please consult the full list of thematic areas below. The submission codes are in brackets.
1. ICT, Mobile Applications and Cyber-Security (ICT)
2. Public Policy, Governance and Integrity (Policy)
3. Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency (Energy)
4. Mathematical Applications and Economics (Mathematics)
5. Tourism and Hospitality (Tourism)
6. Law and Justice (Law)
7. Health, Healthcare Management and Research Ethics (Healthcare)
8. Humanities and Social Sciences (Humanities)
9. Entrepreneurship, Business Innovation and Management (Business)
The organizing team invites theoretical and practical papers exploring any of the thematic areas. Submissions should be made to the email firstname.lastname@example.org under the subject line “2018 SU Conference Submission – (Submission Code)” before or on 30th June 2018. The submission should be in the form of a .docx (Microsoft Word) document.
Inside the document, the following should be clearly stated:
1. The name of the author(s)
2. Their institution/organisation(s)
3. Their phone number
4. The paper title, and
5. A 200 to 250-word abstract
The submissions will undergo a peer review process and the authors of accepted papers will be contacted with further details.
For more details about submissions, please consult the specific call for papers for each thematic area. You may request for these through an email to email@example.com.
1. Abstract Submission: 30th June 2018
2. Communication of acceptance/rejection: 31st July 2018
3. Full paper submission: 31st August 2018
4. Payment for conference ticket: 12th October 2018
5. Conference dates: 29th October to 2nd November 2018
Conference tickets will cost regular participants KES 15,000 (USD 150). Staff members of universities will be charged KES 10,000 (USD 100). Undergraduate and postgraduate students, even if they are also staff members at a University, will be charged KES 1,000
All payments must be made through MPESA. To pay for your ticket, please follow the steps below:
1. Select “Safaricom” on the SIM toolkit app on your phone
2. Select “M-PESA”
3. Select “Lipa na M-PESA”
4. Select “Pay Bill”
5. Select “Enter Business Number” and enter 400222 as the business number
6. For Account number, enter 1059#1037
7. Enter the relevant amount
8. Approve the payment
9. Make sure you receive a confirmation message
To register, click here
If you wish to use another payment method, please consult the organizing team at firstname.lastname@example.org.