Master of Science in Computer- based Information Systems (MSc CIS)
The Master of Science in Computer- based Information Systems (MSc CIS programme is a conversion course designed to create a deep level of knowledge and understanding of the development, implementation, and management of information systems. Applied computer skills are emphasized to address the needs of candidates from various backgrounds wishing to build a career in Information Technology (IT) or to enable them continue in their current professions while applying the latest IT developments.
Master of Science in Computer- based Information Systems (MSc CIS) is offered in May and September every year.
Mode of Delivery
Evening: Classes run for 4 days in a week from 5:30 pm to 8:30 pm.
The programme is designed to create a deep level of knowledge and understanding in core areas such as Programming, Databases, Mobile and Web Technologies, Networks, and Security as well as practical skills in modern-day topics such as Data Science, Data Analytics, and emerging trends in computing.
Strathmore provides global exposure to students through international academic trips so as to expand their knowledge.
- Holders of First Class (or GPA of 3.45 – 4) or Upper Second Class Honors (or GPA of 2.85–3.44 ) degrees in any discipline from recognised universities; or
- Holders of other related qualifications from recognised universities, considered by the Academic Council as equivalent to a First Class or Upper Second Class degree in any discipline or
- Holders of Lower Second Class or at least 2.5 GPA degrees plus postgraduate diploma or certificates or at least two years working experience from the day of graduation.
- In addition, the applicant must have obtained the minimum university entry requirement i.e. scored at least a C+ in their KCSE (or its equivalent).
If the applicant meets the above entry requirements, they are then invited to sit a written Graduate Entrance Exam (GEE). All applicants MUST sit and pass our GEE that comprises of a written exam followed by an oral interview. The written exam entails English comprehension and grammar, an essay as well as arithmetic. Once the applicant has completed and passed the written exam, they are scheduled for an oral interview.
NB: The GEE is administered every Wednesday and Friday at 2:00 pm.
- Dully filled in Graduate Application Form (Download the form here).
- Two (2) completed Reference Forms from your professional background or from former professors particularly qualified to attest to the applicant’s qualification for graduate study (Download reference form here).
- Certified copies of undergraduate degree certificate and transcript of records (TOR) in English giving full details of subjects studied and grades/marks obtained.
- Certified copy of your Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education – KCSE certificate (Secondary/High School Certificate or its equivalent).
- An updated Curriculum Vitae. Please use the Europass CV template (http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu).
- Two (2) current passport size photos.
- A copy of National Identity Card (ID) or a copy of Passport (bio-data page).
- 2,500 Interview fee payable on the interview day.
NB: Certified copies: Please note the copies of the certificates and transcripts should be certified by the awarding institution or by an advocate of the high court.
Fees and Funding
The programme fee is Kshs 952,500 which is payable over the six (6) semesters of the programme. PS: the fees may change in a given academic year.
For enquiries, kindly fill the form below;