Diploma in Journalism and New Media
The diploma in New Media and Journalism will teach candidates how to communicate effectively. In today’s fast-paced economies, the need for good communication skills cannot be overemphasized. The diploma will, therefore, equip students with the skills to package and distribute information to both target audiences and general audiences using multiple platforms.
The diploma will provide theory, tools, and techniques for evaluating, analyzing, managing, repackaging and sharing communication in every arena of professional and personal interaction.
The diploma in New Media and Journalism will critique the students’ societal views and perceptions and compel them to apply objective analysis in all forms of communication practices.
This course bases communication for development as a foreground for critical analysis of the mass media as a tool for society’s contemporary social, political and cultural policies, history of journalism as well as gender equality. The diploma in communication and digital media will prepare students to become practitioners in numerous professional fields, both in public and private sectors, that will include, but are not limited to, production, public relations, social and digital media strategists, corporate communication officers and specialists, marketers, advertisers, copywriters, news reporters, editors and teachers.
It prepares students to become public relation officers, development workers in governmental, non-governmental and international organizations, news reporters and communication specialists.
- Give students a clear perspective on how to use communication as a tool for effective public relations.
- Prepare candidates to become outstanding professionals on matters of public policy.
- Equip students with skills in marketing communications and media strategies across screen, print and online platforms.
- Give students an in-depth understanding of the political, economic and media contexts in which the industry works both locally and globally.
- Prepare students for progression to higher levels of study, notably the degree level.
- To prepare students to use holistically leverage communication to raise societal awareness of critical concerns and become agenda setters and problem-solvers.
For enquiries, kindly fill the form below;