Bachelor of Science in Electrical and Electronics Engineering
The Bachelor of Science in Electrical and Electronics Engineering degree offered at Strathmore has been designed to leverage the University’s reputation for academic excellence and all round education to train highly qualified and ethical engineers for Kenya, Africa and the world.
Why Choose This Degree?
The programme adheres to the highest educational standards. It is delivered by a team of well-qualified local and international faculty, with world-class laboratories and a makerspace
to back up classroom theory. Students enjoy all the benefits of being in Strathmore University, like getting a free laptop on admission, access high speed internet, mentoring services and a
robust selection of extra-curricular activities, among others.
Graduates will gain hands-on, practical understanding of electrical and electronics systems, and the specialised industries enabled by such systems. They will have many opportunities, both locally and internationally, to broaden their skill set and establish a network of contacts.
Top destinations for electrical and electronics engineers include premier local and international companies such as Enel, Kenya Power and Lighting Company, Kenya Electricity Transmission Company, KenGen, Geothermal Development Company, Schneider Electric, IBM, Safaricom, Bosch, IBM, General Electric, Philips, VESTAS, and Siemens, among others.
Furthermore, through established partnerships with other world-class universities such as the University of California at Berkeley, MIT, Columbia University, Villanova University, the
Polytechnic University of Milan, the Polytechnic University of Turin, Bocconi University and Sant’Anna University, graduates of the programme who interested in further studies will have robust choices.
- The programme is inspired by the 17 United Nations Sustainable Development Goals and Kenya’s Vision 2030
- It is offered in close collaboration with industry
- World-class laboratories and makerspace
Our Entry Requirements
- A minimum KCSE grade of B+ (or its equivalent), with a B+ or above in both Mathematics and Physics.
- 6 credits at O-Level, A level 3 principal passes
- IB Diploma 34 points out of 45
- A distinction in the Strathmore University Entrance Exam
- Proven leadership skills in school and community and outstanding performance in extra-curricular activities are an added advantage.
All candidates meeting the entry requirement are required to sit the University entrance examination in English and Mathematics and an oral interview.
Interviews are held on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 8:00am.
Candidates are required to bring originals and copies of academic certificates, 2 passport-size photographs, a photocopy of National ID or Passport, and KES 2,000 entrance exam fee.