Strathmore University in cooperation with DAAD is offering up to 5 In-Country/In-Region scholarships for Master and PhD studies at Strathmore University for the intake 2021.
The scholarships at Strathmore University are available in the following fields:
- Master in Mathematical Finance (1 slot)
- PhD in Mathematical Sciences (1 slot)
- PhD in Computer Science / IT (3 slots)
The university is inviting highly qualified candidates to apply for these scholarships. Potential candidates are invited to read the application information below and submit their applications no later than 15th December 2020 at 12:00HRS (GMT +3). Please note that applications received after this date will not be accepted.
Applicants should strictly adhere to the DAAD and Strathmore University requirements/guidelines as follows:
- DAAD Requirements: Accessible here.
- A two-step process to obtain the mandatory Admission Letter at Strathmore University:
Step 1 (Application for admission to the degree program at Strathmore University): Obtain ALL the following required documents and make an email request with the documents to firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject of the email and any related enquiries should be “Program Application for DAAD”
- Duly filled in Graduate Application Form (Download the form here).
- Two (2) completed Reference Forms from your professional background or from former professors particularly qualified to attest to the applicant’s qualifications for graduate study (Download reference formhere).
- Certified copies of undergraduate degree certificate and transcript of records (TOR) in English giving full details of subjects studied and grades/marks obtained.
- Certified copy of your Secondary/High School Education Certificate or its equivalent.
- An updated Curriculum Vitae. Please use the Europass CV template (http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu).
- Two (2) current passport size photos.
- A copy of National Identity Card (ID) or a copy of Passport (bio-data page).
- KShs. 2,500Non-refundable Interview fee payable on the interview day.
- Applicants with foreign qualifications/degrees are required to provide a Letter of Recognition from CUE (The Commission of University Education) which can be applied through the following link: http://www.cue.or.ke/index.php/services/recognition-and-equation-of-qualifications
NB: Certified copies: Please note the copies of the certificates and transcripts should be certified by the awarding institution or by an advocate of the high court.
In addition to the above (For PhD applicants only):
- A PhD research proposal including a detailed work plan (length of the proposal as indicated on the DAAD call). Note that plagiarism will be checked. Please note that at least your Strathmore University supervisor should sign on the cover page of your research proposal.
- A copy of the research work undertaken at Master level.
- Names of at least two proposed supervisors of whom one must be a Strathmore University staff member. The other(s) can be from any accredited Kenyan university or outside Kenya.
Step 2: Admissions Interview
- (For MSc. Applicants only) After the documents have been received, the date of the Written Entrance exam as well as the Oral interview shall be scheduled for you.
- (For PhD Applicants only) After the documents have been received, you shall be contacted in case the School that you are applying to requests for an interview.
Once step 1 and step 2 have been successfully concluded, you shall receive a formal admission letter which you should use to apply for the DAAD Scholarship. The application documents should be submitted (as a single folder) electronically to: 1) The Office of Graduate Studies at email@example.com with the subject of the email reading “Complete DAAD Application_YourSurname_FirstName” 2) The DAAD portal (As described here). Both submissions must be made before the deadline.
Should you have any other questions do not hesitate to get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org