Strathmore University Finance Managerhttp://www.strathmore.edu/vacancies/
Leading Private University in Nairobi Kenya
REPORTING: Executive Director Finance and Director Support and Administration Services RELATIONSHIPS AND CONTACTS: Internal Stakeholders: Head of Departments, Finance Department, Executive Director- Finance, University Council though the Finance Committee, Procurement Department External Stakeholders: Regulatory Bodies, Accrediting Bodies, ICPAK Competition, External Auditors<br /> JOB PURPOSE: To be responsible for the financial operations of the Strathmore University Business School by ensuring accuracy of the School’s reported financial results and compliance with international financial reporting standards and management requirements.
- Budget Management: As a member of the budget committee, ensure preparation and harmonization of the School budgets for various units and give approvals to different departments to incur expenditure based on availability of funds and in line with the budget;
- Financial and Managerial Reporting: Prepares and reviews financial and ad-hoc reports for various units whenever required and provide up-to-date and accurate reports to the management team for decision making;
- Capacity Building: Assist colleagues to increase their financial knowledge by answering their questions, directing and assisting them in financial decision making in their departments, and ensuring that new staff members are trained on the financial practices of the University;
- Cash Flow Management: Develop and communicate the financial model to the various departments to determine the timing of inflows and outflows;
- Audit and Reporting: Guide the Financial Accountant in the preparation of financial reports required by auditors and ensure that they are available and in line with international Financial Reporting Standards;
- Internal Control: Review and approval audit reports, respond/act on the auditor’s recommendation(s) on areas of internal control weakness, and ensure safeguarding of the University assets by proposing internal audits;
- Advisory: Play an advisory role to the management of the School in the management of cash flow issues, making capital investments proposals, and facilitating approval of LPOs;
- Asset Management: Ensure an accurate and up-to-date register of assets is maintained.
Skills & Requirements
The post holder will be required to have and to demonstrate evidence of the following qualifications, attributes and skills:
- Master’s Degree, in Accounting or Finance
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or any related field from a recognized institution
- Professional qualification in Finance or Accounting such as CPA or ACCA
- At least 5 years’ accounting experience in an education institution with at least 3 years in a supervisory role
- Be of high ethical standards, integrity and professionalism
- Leadership skills, excellent communication and interpersonal skills,
- Capability to deal with complex issues, problem-solving skills
- Strategic planning and organization skills.
- Team player, with ability to work with different departments within the business school,
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Organizational skills and attention to detail