Head of School of Accountancyhttp://www.strathmore.edu/vacancies/
Leading Private University in Nairobi Kenya
Head of School of Accountancy
Reports to: Principal Basic job Summary: To be responsible for providing strategic direction to Strathmore Institute in ensuring the quality of teaching and learning is of the required standards and responsive to the market needs.
- To oversee delivery of quality programs by coordinating the preparation of comprehensive course outlines and course files, delivery methodology and availability of text books and course materials in the library in collaboration with the University Librarian.
- To oversee the implementation of Curriculum and development of marketing strategies for the programs offered in the Institute.
- To support strategic talent sourcing by working in collaboration with the Principal and the Human Resource Director to recruit, orient and evaluate the teaching staff, both full and part-time.
- To prepare peer review reports and ensure lecturers/instructors reports are prepared and submitted to the Principal.
- To ensure that the school’s examination process is in line with the Institute’s and Technical and Vocational Education and Training Authority (TVETA) standards by overseeing the internal and external exam moderation, administration, and marking.
- To ensure that the school course curricula is responsive to the market needs by working closely with faculty to periodically review programs, curricula and coordinate curriculum development activities.
- To promote Staff development and self – improvement among academic staff in the Institute by organizing staff seminars, identifying staff training needs and assisting the Principal in ensuring skills bridging for the faculty staff is implemented.
- To coordinate with Finance on preparation of the annual budget proposals for the Institute and oversee implementation of approved budgets.
- In conjunction with the SOA partners, implement projects of mutual interest.
- To assist the Principal of Strathmore Institute in giving direction, organization, administration and programmes of the Institute; and for the general welfare, initiative and discipline of the students of the Institute.
Skills & Requirements
- A minimum of a Master’s degree
- At least six years of relevant experience. Teaching and at least two years in an administrative
- Excellent communication skills
- People skills
- Dynamic and innovative
- Team player
- Good supervisory and managerial skill
- Excellent teaching/lecturing skills