Research Assistant, CIPIT
Reports to: Research Fellow, CIPIT
Department: Strathmore Law School
Basic job Summary: To assist in academic research carried out under Phase III of the OpenAIR Project (see http://www.openair.org.za). This research focuses on technology and IP in the African context with heavy focus on the use or non – use of patients as a tool for companies, innovators and entrepreneurs. Substantial collaboration is expected between the Research Assistant and other OpenAIR researchers in Africa and Canada.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- To provide assistance to the Centre in preparation of research proposals and implementation of research projects.
- To assist in collecting various forms of data pertaining to the research project or projects within the Centre
- To assist in keeping records of information obtained during research. This may include development and maintenance of a database of information, hard files, etc.
- To assist in conducting literature review in relation to research projects undertaken in the Centre.
- To participate in conducting of technical research required by the Centre.
- To provide assistance in data analysis and preparation research reports.
- To assist in coordinating the research events such as the conferences within the Centre.
- To assist the Research Fellow in carrying out Open AIR research activities at CIPIT, including preparation of research papers, reports, timelines, etc.
- To contribute regularly to CIPIT’s blog.
- To participate in other CIPIT activities as time allows, including the CIPIT IP Clinic
Minimum Academic Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Law (LLB) or a related field
- Completion of Kenya School of Law a plus
- Knowledge and experience in Intellectual Property
- Knowledge and experience in patents and technology – related IP preferred.
Skills and Personal Attributes:
- Demonstrated ability to carry out research and publish results,
Are you qualified for this position and are interested in working with us? We would like to hear from you. Kindly send us a copy of your updated resume and letter of application (ONLY) quoting “Research Assistant, CIPIT” on the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org by 7thAugust 2018.
Due to the large number of applications we may receive, kindly note that only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.