The Strathmore University Annual ICT Conference brings together academia, researchers, students, young professionals and industry experts to share on the findings or ongoing research/projects and innovations in the field of ICT. The Conference offers the participants a forum to share their experiences on the emerging trends and latest developments in the technological era. The Conference theme is “TECHNOLOGY FOR SUSTAINABILITY, SOCIAL JUSTICE AND THE WELL-BEING OF EVERYONE”.
The conference is structured in such a way that during the first day of the conference, the academics and other researchers will showcase their research findings to their peers. On the second day of the Conference, speakers and industrial experts interact in a forum aimed at showing the link between academia and the industry.
Posters by the young researchers and innovators from the industry are usually on display throughout the period of the Conference to showcase the research work and/or ICT Projects that are innovative enough and have potential for market implementation or possible incubation under @iLabAfrica at Strathmore University.
The submission of abstracts and paper(s) is currently open but not limited to the following sub-themes:
· Business intelligence and data analytics
· Data Models for Production Systems and Services
· Computing and Embedded Systems
· Intelligent and Software Systems
· Communications and Networking
· Computational Analysis and Modeling
· Cloud Security
· E-Science & Distributed Collaboration
· Semantic Web and Ontology
· Information security and privacy
· IT adoption, use, and assimilation in various contexts
· Learning and Education Technologies
· Comparative Analysis of Information Practices; Information Metric
· Information Environments & Socio-Cultural Aspects
- Information Preservation & Access
Paper Submission guidelines
Call for Papers: 24thMay 2013
Deadline for submission of Abstracts: 20thJuly2013
Deadline for submission of First Version of Papers:10thAugust 2013
Deadline for Final Version of Papers: 20thAugust 2013