The Conference theme is “ICT for Development: People, Policy and Practice". The words “People, Policy and Practice” in the theme emphasize how ICT policies and practices affect people in the day-to-day activities. During the first day of the conference, the academics and other researchers will showcase their research findings to their peers. On the second day of the Conference, speakers and industrial experts interact in a forum aimed at showing the link between academia and the industry.
The committee invites paper and presentation on any of the following subthemes:
· Integrating ICT in Research-based learning
· The impact of process-oriented ICT, communication technologies and availability of databases on healthcare sector
· The implications of ICT in the agriculture sector
· Does ICT have an adverse impact on the environment? Or is it that ICT could be the ray of hope in today’s world?
· ICT for rural and urban development – contrasts or interaction?
· Mobile technologies for development: ICT in Small and micro enterprises
· Comparative Approaches to e-Government and e-Democracy
· Multi-agent processes in decision making
· Software trends from developing countries perspective
· Current development in systems integration
Call for Papers: 24th March 2011
Deadline for submission of Abstracts: 6th June 2011
Deadline for submission of First Version of Papers: 6th July 2011
Deadline for Final Version of Papers: 30th July 2011
Local Organizing Committee
Dr. Reuben Marwanga
Dr. Ismail Ateya
Mr. Nicodemus Maingi
Mr. Bernard Shibwabo
Mr. Isaac Kigen
Mr. John Matogo
Mr. Christopher Momanyi
Vincent Omwenga (
Strathmore University, Ole Sangale Road, Madaraka
P. O. Box 59857, 00200, City Square, Nairobi Kenya.
Tel: +254 (0) 20 600 66155/ 600 66268/ 600 66380. Fax: +254 (0) 20 606 7498
Download Conference Programme.