The application for the 2016 Selection Process for the Young Professionals Program at the World Bank is opened from June 15 through July 31, 2015.
Before You Apply, please ensure that:
- You meet the minimum requirements for eligibility for the Young Professionals Program
- You have all the information at hand including key dates, an updated Curriculum Vitae (CV), Education Certificates/Transcripts, PhD Dissertation/Master’s Thesis topics (short summary), if applicable, and the Application Essay ready to be uploaded.
Application Essay for the 2016 Selection Process
“Reaching the goals of ending poverty and boosting shared prosperity—and ensuring that future generations will share in broader prosperity—is a realistic objective. Citizens around the world are already driving change in their communities and developing innovative ideas to address some of the toughest challenges their countries face. The institutions of the World Bank Group are committed to using their financial instruments, data, knowledge, and solutions to highlight innovations and catalyze this action to end poverty. It will take a global movement to end poverty, and in supporting and working alongside stakeholders around the world, the Bank can fully realize the twin goals.” (Extract from the 2014 WBG Annual Report)
Describe in fewer than 1,000 words your own contribution to these goals, if you were to work for the World Bank Group.
Operation Recruitment Stream: Describe your own contribution and the potential role of World Bank in resolving some of the above challenges. You may focus on a region or set of countries as well as your area of expertise to describe your proposal.
The application checklist is meant to facilitate your application experience.
- Ensure that you use either Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari, or Internet Explorer 10 or higher as your browser version.
- You will be asked to register for an account and provide an email address.
- You must complete your application in a single session and will be able to submit it only if you have uploaded all the required documents and answered all the questions (all questions marked with an asterisk-*- are required).
- Provide the most current contact information. The information should be valid for a period of one year. In case your contact information changes during the selection process, it is your responsibility to email us the updated information.
- Ensure that you have correctly spelled out your e mail address, since this will be our main channel of communication with you regarding your candidacy.
- Remember to enter your complete phone number (country code + city code + number).
- Please attach the following documents (mandatory):
- Education Certificates/Transcripts
- PhD Dissertation/Master’s Thesis topic (short summary), if applicable
- Application Essay
Note that each file should not exceed 5 MB each, and should be in the following format: .doc, .docx, or .pdf
- Once you submit your application, you will not be able to make any further changes/updates.
- Applicants will be informed of their status as the process moves along.