Call for Applications
DAAD PhD AND MASTERS SCHOLARSHIPS AT STRATHMORE UNIVERSITY
We are pleased to announce 2015/2016 DAAD scholarships for PhD and Masters programs at Strathmore University.
We invite highly qualified candidates to apply for these scholarships. Potential candidates are invited to read the application information below and submit their applications no later than 8th June 2015 at 5.00pm. Please note that applications received after this date will not be accepted.
Applicants should strictly adhere to the guidelines below:
List of eligible programmes/fields of study:
Applications for DAAD PhD or Masters’ scholarships at Strathmore University must be in any of the following fields of study:
- Information Technology
- Healthcare Management
Relevance to development
PhD proposals must demonstrate relevance to development.
Duration and Commencement
Scholarships are available for up to a maximum of two years (Master) and three years (PhD) respectively. The scholarship will be initially granted for one year and may be extended upon individual request and a receipt of a complete application by using the provided form.
Female candidates and candidates from less privileged regions or groups as well as candidates with disabilities are especially encouraged to apply.
Application Procedure and Deadline
Applications must be sent to Strathmore University. Please follow the procedure as set out in this Call for Applications and submit your completed application to the address below no later than Monday 8th June 2015 at 5.00pm. Please note that applications received after this date will not be accepted.
The following application documents must be submitted:
- All the requirements in the DAAD Information Sheet for Students. Please download the information sheet here.
- DAAD Application. Please download the application form here.
- Strathmore University’s Application form for Graduate Studies. Download here.
- Two letters of reference attesting to your ability to undertake graduate studies. One must be an academic reference. Please download a copy of the Reference Form here.
- A copy of your National ID or bio page of your passport
For PhD Applicants:
- A copy of the research work undertaken at Master’s level
- Please note that your supervisors should sign on the cover page of your research proposal.
Documents Checklist: Have you included all the required documents in your application? Download the documents checklist here.
Submit both a soft and hard copy of your completed application to:
The Dean, School of Graduate Studies
P.O. Box 59857 – 00200
In case of any questions, please contact: Prof. Ruth Kiraka, email@example.com