Strathmore University is a leading not-for profit private university operating in Kenya, which aims at serving the Kenyan society to the best of its ability. Specialising in commerce and information technology, Strathmore holds a peerless reputation for quality in both academic and professional education and personal formation.
"Ut omnes unum sint" is Latin which means "That all may be one". It expresses our desire to work together towards the same aim, in spite of personal differences or opinion, tastes and backgrounds.
- 1961 as Strathmore College, an Advanced-level Sixth Form College (men only) offering Science and Arts subjects. Strathmore was Kenya's first multiracial school.
- 1966, started offering accountancy courses from ACCA
- 1991, started offering professional computer courses, diploma and higher diploma
- 1992, started the Distance Learning Centre to offer correspondence courses in Accountancy
- 1993, Strathmore College merged with Kianda College and moved to the present campus (an institution founded in 1961 for women)
- 2002, the Commission of Higher Education awarded Strathmore College a Letter of Interim Authority to operate as Strathmore University.
- 2008, Strathmore is awarded a Charter by the Government of Kenya giving it full legal recognition to operate as a University.
- It is owned by Strathmore Educational Trust (SET), a non-profit body corporate with perpetual succession, established under the Trustee (Perpetual Succession)Act.
- Accreditation - Commission of Higher Education issued a Letter of Interim Authority
- First educational institution in Kenya to be awarded the ISO 9001:2000 certification on Quality Management
- Located in Madaraka Estate off Lang'ata road, 5km from Nairobi city centre.
- Faculties and Schools
- Financial Aid
- Students' clubs and Societies
|Enrollment ||2011 |
|Postgraduate || |
|Undergraduate || |
|Professional/Diploma || |
|Total Enrollment || |
| Staff ||2011 |
|Academic || |
|Admin & Support ||245 |
|Part time ||118 |