The University Relations and Communications Office has the mission of improving the image of Strathmore University as a place of excellence and international prestige among its different stakeholders, for this reason, the goal of the "Identity and Publications Area" is to spread a consolidated and consistent image of the Strathmore logo in all the University publications and websites and create a model of coherence and quality standard among all the brochures and publications that are created in Strathmore.
These guidelines intend to help the different users of the Strathmore brand to achieve these goals and create a consistent brand.
Strathmore University has a brand book, any departments or schools interested can ask the UR and Communications Office for a digital edition. Concerns and questions can be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Strathmore University logo is made up by a symbol (Coat of Arms) and wordmark. The font used for the wordmark is Sansation Bold and Sansation Regular.
- The Horizontal Logo is the preferred logo whenever space, orientation and alignment allow on a layout.
- It is highly recommended that for regular offset printing the logo not be used below a size where the width of its symbol is less than 10mm.
- The preferred position for the Strathmore University Logo is the right top or right bottom. (Don'ts)
- The University's identity system is based on the usage of a uniform symbol and typography."Strathmore University" appears on all main divisional logos. An exception to this rule is the Strathmore Business School which has its own logo. (Divisional brands)
- Strathmore Blue (Azure): Pantone 294 EC; C:100, M:68, Y:7, K:30; R:0, G:52, B:120
- Strathmore Red (Gules): Pantone 1795 EC; C:0, M:96, Y:90, K:2; R:205, G:32, B:44
- Strathmore Gold (Or): Pantone 124 EC; C:0, M:32, Y:100, K: 0; R:234, G:171, B: 0
- Strathmore Black (Sable): Pantone Process Black EC; C:0, M:0, Y:0, K:100; R:0, G:0, B:0
- The key colour is Strathmore Blue.
- The recommended logos to use on Strathmore Blue are the full colour reverse logos.
- Strathmore red should not be used as a background colour.
- Schools and faculties colours (Faculties colours)
- The primary font family for Strathmore University is Gill Sans Standard. Apply it on communication material for both headings and body text.
- For online use and for soft documents such as word processing documents, spreadsheets and database files, Trebuchet may be used instead of Gill Sans.
- The Sansation font family has been selected for the Strathmore University logotype.